Friday, February 4, 2011

Chayanne Pumps Up The Volume To The Max!



Translation by Candela
Media Research by Fantasia

This is an interview that Chayanne did with the video channel VMax. Personally I have to have a little giggle at the question about the social networks. I think they are amazing. It puts people even closer than the "six degrees of separation" that we used to live under......I think it's huge fun that Chayanne is on Twitter! 

~Peace

"You are watching Video Plus, and we are taking part in Chayanne’s conference in the Puerto Rico Museum.  Stay with us so you can see exactly what happened.

How do you feel in Puerto Rico?

Super happy, I am in my country, my homeland, with my people, but at the same time I feel nervous too because when you bring your show to your friends, your neighbors, your family you always feel the pressure of giving them your best, but always with a lot of love.

There is nothing impossible for you right now correct?

No, nothing is impossible in life, part of that title is because I put it to practice.

Talk to me about your new album so that your fans can hear what you have to say.

Of course, the name of my album is “No Hay Imposibles” and there is a song in the album with the same name.  We start with that song and then go from there.  We name the album and we start taking experiences that we have shared perhaps while producing the album itself.  The first song we released was “Me Enamore De Ti”, which was the title of a soap opera in Mexico by the name of “Corazon Salvaje” and this way little by little the album keeps growing with more songs.  We are always hoping that the people like my music, and this album is just my style, slow ballads, and some songs with a lot of rhythm and always with my fingers crossed hoping that all goes well.

We know you are preparing for the concert here in Puerto Rico, and you are also going to Spain.   Tell me what can we expect from this production here in the island?

The tour comes with a lot of energy, a lot of dancing on stage, the dancers, the romantic songs, many songs from the new album, and the classic songs that people have put at the top of the charts, so this more or less keeps the show balanced.  When we come to Puerto Rico we come with tons of energy and we hope that they like the show because we do it for them.

You know that this is a channel that plays videos, and your videos have been around since the beginning until now, how do you see the evolution in your videos?

I see that videos are a great way of showing what you are doing.  A huge way in which you can promote your work and I remember when I did a video with Kenny Ortega, Este Ritmo Se Baila Asi, and it was very successful and the Fiesta en America video that we filmed here in Fomento and it was a huge hit throughout Latin America.  Those videos were my beginning and then progressively we filmed Un Siglo Sin Ti in Canada and Caprichosa.  In Argentina we filmed Torero, Tiempo De Vals  and Salome were filmed in Miami.  All of these songs have been the stepping stones of my career and have helped me get to where I am today.

Leaving your professional life on the side, tell me more about your life on the web, I saw your webpage, I see you are active on Twitter, how do you feel about this, now that we are part of the cyber generation.

I think it’s fantastic, great way to communicate; it’s a great vehicle to get you closer to your fans.  But there is always a balance to the way I do things, so you won’t find me online for hours, but I find it very helpful and for example I see twitter like a small, personal newspaper  in which you tell your fans what you are doing and where you are going and it helps you promote as well.

So many years waiting for a live album, which is excellent by the way, is there another one in the making?

Sure, I don’t doubt it, it was the first live album that I did from my past tour.  It was a very interesting experience, I loved it, and I have it in my future plans to do it again.

Any Puerto Rican rappers that you would like to work with, do you have any in mind?

Yes, without a doubt, you know that I admire all music genres, such as reggaeton, rap, and salsa, all that this island offers you, and it is always a great pleasure for me to be with dedicated people who love to work.

“How are you my beautiful people, this is Chayanne and I send you all my love and I leave you here with great music in Video Max, pump up your volume to the max!"

No comments:

Post a Comment