Friday, December 11, 2009

Chayanne Videos on VEVO, That Explains Alot!

I was crusing around on YouTube the other day looking for a particular Chayanne video. I knew it was on the Chayanne official YouTube Channel, but I couldn't find it. I had saved it to my favorites, I even had them on my "Chayanne" play list. But much to my chagrin, it wasn't there.

I finally found the video, but it said VEVO, so clicked the link and I was taken to a totally different web site. Chayanne's "Te Echo de Menos" came up, but when I say the video was clear! It was like watching Chayanne up close and personal on HDTV!

If you look on Chayanne's official YouTube channel, under his uploads, you will see the vids that he has made, promos etc. But all of his music videos are now under his favorites and they read "Chayanne VEVO".


(These videos are currently only available in the U.S. and Canada)

I had to do more research, so of course I Googled, and I came across an article that was posted on WIRED.com  



The article starts out by explaining that VEVO is backed by Sony Music and Abu Dahbi. That's right Sony....hence the move of the Chayanne videos.

According to the article all of their artist videos are going to be shown on VEVO. You can share the videos by links, or you can embedd the vids anwhere you can use html codes. You can log in to VEVO by using Facebook, Twitter and the like. VEVO has many cool features other than the breathtaking visuals...the downside...there's always a downside.

Currently VEVO is only available in the US and Canada, shich means that the majority of Chayanne fans won't be able to see his video on this site, but I'm sure they're still available on YouTube in their countries. Also the viewing of the videos although lovely are a little sticky, sometimes they won't upload at all.

If you want to get more specific details please refer to "Label-Backed Vevo Video Site Launches, But MTV Has ‘No Fear’"

~Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment