Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Then There Were 3, GIGANT3S: Marc, Chayanne, Marco Antonio Solis Burning Up Atlantic City



August 17, 2012.....when the day started, I knew I was in store for the time of my life. Chayanne, Marc Anthony and Marco Antonio Solis all on the same stage.....but little did I know  the very definition of "live concert" was going to be re-defined.

I've had the pleasure of seeing Chayanne live in concert twice during the "No Hay Imposibles" tour. This was the first time that I've seen Marc Anthony, or Marco Antonio Solis, and I was past pleasantly surprised....no, more than surprised, I was captivated.

The house lights went down and the "M" came up, after that, nothing but total excitement. Marco Antonio Solis sang some of his mega hits such as Tu Carcel, Si Ti Hago Tanto Mal, Morenita, and Si No Te Hubieras Hido.



Marco Antonio Solis, El Buki, as he is also known, won me over. Prior to the concert I had listed to a few of his songs, but to be honest with you I wasn't that impressed, I thought he had a really nice voice but the songs  just didn't click with me.....but after seeing him live, he has a new found "FFL" Fan For Life.

Marco Antonio Solis has a wonderful sense of humor (Of course Bariloche willingly served as translator, You know I love you Sister Girl!), and he even got his dance on a little bit. What was his fan favorite song of the night? Tu Carcel.



Next up....CHAYANNE!!

When Chayanne made his entrance, rising from the upper stage floor, the crowd let out an ear splitting roar, that was nothing other than the sound of raw excitement and love. He brings an energy and charisma that stand unchallenged. How many men can say that they can melt the hearts of thousands of women at one time with just a warm smile and a twinkle in his eyes.....Chayanne just might be Superman*wink*


Burning up the stage with such notables as Lola, Torero, Si nos Quedara Poco Tiempo,
Baila Baila, and of course Provacame......by the way.....


I didn't know Papi could get lift like THAT! LOOL (and yes you could hear the gasp of approval of all the mujeres in the audience!) 'Nuff said.

What can I say, Chayanne never ceases to amaze me, and neither does Nancy O'Meara, long-time friend and choreographer, who put her unique signature brand on this concert. New costumes and choreography were the order of the day, you go Nancy!

The highlight for me, was when he sang Si nos Quedara Poco Tiempo....it seemed as if just for a few minutes, the entire world was singing along. He never fails to steal my heart......Well done Chayanne, well done.


 Chayanne - Si nos quedara poco tiempo - Tour No hay imposibles Chile 2010 

And then there were three......Marc Anthony......OMG!!!

This was my first time seeing Marc live, but it will definitely not be my last. I'll admit that I've always had a soft spot for Marc Anthony, he packs a lot of Latin Sexy in a small package, but seeing him own the stage, owning the audience, he ranks as a master showman, vocalist, and all around entertainer.

As Marc sang songs that included Y Hubo Alguien, Y Como Es el, vivir Lo Nuestro, Hasta Ayer,  and Valio la Pena, the crowd stood on their feet (yes sisters were taking of those high heels and changing into their flats by the time we got to this point) and sang at the top of their voices.


This is one of my favorite moments of the night. Marc has finished singing his first few songs and the crowd is going crazy! He looks to the right, then he looks to the left, he shakes his head and says,"Now THAT's what I'm talking about!"

Mind you, he has no dancers, no killer costumes. All he brings his big band sound, his even bigger voice, and his ENORMOUS personality, and works the audience into a frenzy.


This was a few minutes after the picture above, Marc had received so much love from the audience that he almost became overwhelmed. Lovely.......The fan favorite of the night was probably Y Hubo Alguien.



As amazing as this concert was, it was truncated from the show that they did the previous weekend at the Izod Center.  The three artists did sing together for the finale, but the duets between the individual artist's sets were edited out of the show.

By the end of the concert, Bariloche and I look at each other and said, "We have to do Vegas!"

What can I tell you GIGANT3S is like the sampler platter of all your favorite delicious things, you may indulge, but you still have room for more, and I guarantee you'll want to see this show more than once.

One can always hope that this concert makes it to DVD when the tour closes.....here's to hoping *fingers crossed*

~Peace













No comments:

Post a Comment