Tuesday, November 1, 2011

"If This Is To Be Our End" Chayanne's Whirlwind No Hay Imposibles Tour Closes With Last Show In Oaxaca

"If this is to be our end, then I would have them make such an end as to be worthy of remembrance." ~ King Theoden From  the Lord Of The Rings, Two Towers


October 29, at the Auditorio la Guelaguetza, in Oaxaca, Mexico Chayanne ended his 18 month run of "No Hay Imposibles. I didn't have the pleasure of being at the last show, but from the looks of the pictures, the tweets, and video uploads, Chayanne ended his tour the EXACT same way that he started it.....HARD CORE!!! 


I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there have been very few concert tours that landed on Billboard's "Top Ten Tours" every week that they had a show. Can your mind wrap itself around that? REALLY? That means that of all the tours being held over the last 18 months that NHI placed in the top ten based on Total Gross, Show Dates, Show Venue/City (Shows/Sellouts), Total Attendance (Capacity).


I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that there have been very few concert tours where there has been such a strong sense of connection from the artist, to the dancers, the musicians, crew and the fans. Thanks to the advances of the social media outlets, we were able to share tweets and videos from Chayanne and Nancy's behind the scenes clips, to the very well put together video clips made by the dancers.(Belly Buttons don't die! They multiply!)


I know I can speak for myself, my very dear friend Anniee Renes of Chayanne Rocks, and the incredible ladies of Pandora's Caja when I say that we had a blast with Nancy O'Meara and her first ever fan driven interview. Nancy you are amazing....and you Dazzle! Our interviews with Brandon Barton and Marcus E. Mitchell (go ahead and scream they are super fine hotties!)


Pandora's Caja over the last year has been a blast! It started out with just me and now I have the great pleasure of working along side five incredible sister's in the cause, Bariloche, Candela, Fantasia Chayane (who almost single handedly makes Pandora's Caja page on FB run like a well oiled machine! Besos!) Glamour Girl, and La Guerita. These ladies are the heartbeats of the box.


Yesterday Chayanne sent this beautiful message to his fans via twitter and email:


"Today I share with you a sense of excitement and gratitude. "No Hay Imposibles" (Nothing is Impossible), my tour, has just ended and I'm happy to have shared it with you, in every country, every city, in every heart. Only your love, your energy and your support makes it possible for me to be there for you.

For over a year and a half I enjoyed every loving detail I received on stage, in hotels, airports, wherever I went.  It is a sign of your affection and you're all very well loved in return. I'd also like to thank the media from all around for their support and respect. Now begins a new phase for me and new projects, which I will soon be sharing with you. 

Hug,

Chayanne"


*Modified translation by Bariloche (Love you girl!)

Personally this has been 18 months of unexpected things, some good, some not so good, and then there were the things that that only sweet dreams are made of. There's only one thing that could be better than all of this.......and that I think I'll keep to  myself ;)


Peace~



“Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.”~Bob Marley 

 

“The winds that sometimes take something we love, are the same that bring us something we learn to love. Therefore we should not cry about something that was taken from us, but, yes, love what we have been given. Because what is really ours is never gone forever.” ~ Bob Marley

2 comments:

  1. I can't help but to tear up when I read this beautiful blog and think that the tour is over. You did an amazing job writing it and the slideshow...WOW....incredible!

    Now, we just have to be patient and wait for all the wonderful things that Chay will bring our way!

    Till then...No Hay Imposibles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for all the beautiful pictures and articles. i really enjoy them as i'm sure everyone else does. he is such a beautiful person and he brings so much joy. his music makes my day ( and my nights too ha ha!!). my husband is very understanding.!!! mary

    ReplyDelete