Friday, October 21, 2011

Just A Spoon Full Of Sugar, Promo Clip of Chayanne's Interview With Onda (English Translation)


In my opinion there are only three things better than listening to Chayanne giving an interview, meeting him in person, seeing him perform live.....and a REALLY great piece of chocolate (I happen to think Chayanne is a REALLY great piece of chocolate, but I digress)

Chayanne has so much personality! You don't have to understand a word to know that he's the most adorable man on the planet.(I promise I'm working on learning Spanish!)  Early this morning Onda aired a prerecorded interview with Chayanne (Hopefully we will be able to bring you the full translation as well). In the mean time here is a translation of the promo-clip.

I'm hoping that Onda will post a link to the interview broadcast from this morning for those of you who weren't able to listen in. Here is the link to Onda La Superstacion.

So while Chayanne's NHI tour is winding down to a close, this sweet treat of an interview will be a great way to help get passed "The Tour Is Almost Over, What Am I Going To Do Now" blues *wink*. Much Love
~Peace

Media Research: Fantasia Chayan
Translation: La Guerita Caprichosa




“He belongs to the classic stock of romantics.”

Leonardo (Narrator): Your specialty is to fill venues and whisper sleepless melodies to a faithful and growing auditorium.

Chayanne: (laughs) Before saying anything, I have to laugh and thank you for your words, because they are very nice, Leonardo, thank you… Thank you, because I also see my self described a little, well, completely, in what you are saying, but I don’t know how to say it so elegantly. (laughs)

“A disarming smile”

Leonardo: Perhaps the most lethal smile of the Latin American ballad.

Chayanne: My mom called me Chayanne, well, “Chancito” (chuckles) “Chancito, papito, come here, don’t do that.” (laughs)

Leonardo: He is heard in Buenos Aires, Medellin, and Caracas, but also in Rome, Istanbul and Paris.

Chayanne: My positivism leads me to feel that No Hay Imposibles (Nothing is impossible). Umm… I have lived through a lot of situations in my life, I’ve had luck, I’ve worked a LOT, but I’ve also had luck. I’ve had people around me that have helped me in my career, and so I have met a lot of goals, my goals.

“Love as a banner”

Leonardo: He is a genuine icon of Latin American romantic pop.

Chayanne: Well, I sing about love because I believe in love. It is my banner. I believe it, I believe in love and I believe in couples.


“30 years in his career”

Leonardo: A man who has made a custom of being on the list of radio hits and in the guidebook of feverish love.

“20+ albums”

Chayanne: I don’t feel like I’m boring, but I have said many times that people must think that one is boring, and that one does not live, and I live a lot! I live fully, and I enjoy life, perhaps in a manner that for many people is boring… (laughs)

“Elmer Figueroa Arce”
“Chayanne”
“The Impossible”

Leonardo: It is impossible to not celebrate his journey and the decibels of his voice.
(handing him a wrapped present) It’s not an apple… open it…

Chayanne: (holds it up to his ear) Does it go Tick, tick, tick? (laughs) What is it? Ahhh!

Leonardo: We heard you played ball…

Chayanne: Yes, 2nd base regular (laughs) 2nd base regular, and 5th to bat… they didn’t want to put me up to bat second. (laughs)

No comments:

Post a Comment