Tuesday, June 21, 2011

No Hay Imposibles - The Tour That Forever Changed Us!


They say all "good" things always come to an end but when we talk about Chayanne’s NHI tour I have to say that "good" doesn't even come close in describing this spectacular tour, "incredible" is more like it! Let me take you back to the very beginning, let’s reminisce and relive this past year through the eyes of all the Chayanne’s fans throughout the world.
February 23, 2010, a date that every Chayanne fan remembers as the day we all started to look at life a little bit different, perhaps more positive and with a new attitude. Chayanne released his album “No Hay Imposibles” on this day and since then life as we know it has never been the same. These words gave us a new lease on life; I can almost say that it became our motto. Did you ever stop and think how these three simple words can change so many lives and inspire so many people? Well I did and this past year I have seen the true meaning of living life to its fullest and seeing things in a different light. I remember hearing people talk about changing their lives, not giving up, and trying their best because if you give it all you’ve got then you will see that in reality nothing is impossible.
Then in May we feasted our eyes and watched the premier of one the videos from this new album that promised to be fun, sexy, and very sensual. Tu Boca was filled with Latin flavor and showed off Chayanne’s amazing dancing abilities. Accompanied by two beautiful dancers, Ferly and Victoria, this video left us wanting more, more dancing, more rhythm, more songs, more Chayanne. And just when we thought we couldn’t take it anymore the “No Hay Imposibles Tour” dates were announced and the show hit the road on May 13, 2010 in Los Angeles. This amazing tour began full of energy, fireworks, and amazing music and dancing.



The tour had begun, we purchased our tickets, and now we just had to be patient and wait until Chayanne came to our town. But in the meantime we would live vicariously through all the other fans that went to his concert before us. This is where the social networks come into play and I am so very thankful that we have them. As you all know Chayanne’s fans are truly the best fans in the entire universe, and I am not just saying that because I am one of them. I truly mean it when I say that all of the Chayanne fans that I have gotten to know are the most beautiful, respectful, talented, interesting and lovely people that you will find online. It’s like we are all a big family and our number one priority is to love, respect, and honor Chayanne. And that my friends comes very easy to all of us because the love, respect, and honor that we give Chayanne, we always receive it back from him unconditionally. One thing that sets Chayanne apart from other artists is the love for his fans, his eagerness to put a smile on our faces and to give himself fully and like he always says “wearing his heart on his sleeve”.

So, I purchased my front row ticket for the June 24th show at Madison Square Garden. I was counting the days and could not wait to finally see Chayanne perform all the new songs that I already knew by heart. The day finally came and me and my three friends headed from New Jersey to New York City to be swept off our feet by the one and only “Chayanne”. Since this concert took place 4 days before his birthday, I made him a beautiful “Happy Birthday” banner which by the way he loved! It was an incredible night and I just could not believe my eyes when I saw this perfect man a couple of feet away from me doing what he does best….singing and dancing and leaving his heart and soul on stage. I was so close that in many occasions we felt his sweat sprinkle us, and of course we did not mind…are you kidding? I know that I won’t be the first in saying this, but Chayanne has a way of connecting with each and every one of his fans. He takes the time to look at his fans in the eyes and for that mere second you forget where you are, and all that matters is that connection that you have made with this amazing soul – words cannot describe this incredible feeling – you must experience it for yourself.



Chayanne sang many of his new songs and of course all of our all-time favorites, my personal favorite is “Cuidarte El Alma”. There is something about this song that touches my heart in a very special way. No one got to dance “Tiempo de Vals” with him that night but many of us in the audience closed our eyes and imagined ourselves dancing that beautiful song in his arms. Before I knew it, the concert was over and I was left wanting more….do you blame me? I couldn’t believe that I had waited for this night for so long and it was over so quickly. I went home that night inspired, happy, and full of wonderful moments that will forever live in my memory.

Here is a video that I took that memorable night! Enjoy!



Here is another video where you can see my friends and I in the front row and at 1:34Chayanne sees our birthday banner and points at us with a big smile on his face! He loves the right side of the stage for some reason*wink*



Chayanne went on to visit many other cities and countries such as Chicago, Boston, Venezuela, Mexico, Chile, Spain, and Argentina. We all watched the hundreds of videos uploaded by fans in YouTube and the endless pictures that each one of us took while at the concerts. Then it happened, one night, very late as I was checking my email something told me to visit Chayanne’s website and then I saw it!!!! Chayanne was coming to Atlantic City, New Jersey and at that instant I knew that I was going to be there and that this time I was going to meet him in person. How did I know that because “No Hay Imposibles”. So as soon as the tickets went on sale I bought mine, this time I was on the third row, center stage…not too bad right? I immediately started to do my research about a possible meet and greet and I was told that he might have one but that the members of the fan club would be notified the day of the show. As you can just imagine I was a total wreck until that day, November 26, 2010, when I received my email with instructions to go backstage and meet CHAYANNE!!!

The day arrived and again my same good friends came with me to Atlantic City, but this time they would stay behind as I went back stage to meet our knight in shining armor. We received bracelets, had to make a line, and then it happened we all walked backstage and into this tiny room where Chayanne was waiting for us. They had us go in two by two and needless to say I was so anxious that I ended up being one of the first two people to go in. I watched the girl that went before him as she hugged and and kissed him and before I could blink it was my turn. I could play this moment in my mind in slow motion over and over and I swear to you that to this date I don’t really remember everything that I said to him.

I approached him, gave him a tight hug, felt his abs ;-), and gave him a kiss. I told him that he was amazing and that I loved him and blank, blank, blank...cantt remember the rest. He is very tall but very cuddly I must say! He put his arm around my waist and they took our picture. I then gave him a gift, kissed, hugged, and smelled him again (yes he does smell very fresh and clean) and was told to please leave because there were other people waiting. My two minutes of glory were over but I was a new woman, I had met the man that I so adore, the one who I had grown watching and admiring, and the one that taught me that nothing is impossible in life. That night I also had the pleasure of meeting Nancy O’Meara, the very beautiful and talented choreographer. Nancy is an amazing woman who has a heart of gold and after meeting her I now understand why Chayanne and her have been working together for so long – they are both very humble and incredible people!


He then went back to Mexico, Chile and who can forget him in ViƱa del Mar where he won every possible trophy there was! He rocked the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Peru, Panama, Honduras, Guatemala, and went back to Mexico to finish up his tour (those lucky Mexican fans)!

And here we are, NHI is over and we are left with many different emotions. Some fans feel sad and will miss hearing about his performances, looking at the pictures and videos online. And others, including myself, feel very happy because he has finished strong and he gave his all in each and every performance. He made every one of his fans smile, even those who didn’t go to his concerts. We all have our very special memory, and memories are a way of holding onto things that we love, the things that make us who we are, the things we never want to lose or forget. Now we must look forward to the many wonderful things to come. And knowing Chayanne, he will be back at work in no time and before we know it we will be listening to his new album and waiting to hear when his next tour begins and when he will be coming to visit our town again. To my fellow Chayanne fans please remember that memories may fade away as the years go by, but they won’t age a day, so keep your memories alive and they will keep you young. And to you my beloved Chayanne, I must tell you that you taught me how to imagine, how to dream, and how to put my plan into action. Thank you for leaving me with wonderful memories and with your footprints on my heart. No Hay Imposibles and below is my proof!


Peace and Love ;-) Candela



1 comment:

  1. I am sad that the tour has ended, but know Chayanne has many exciting projects ahead. I can't wait to see them all come to fruition. Thanks for the recap.

    ReplyDelete