Thursday, December 9, 2010

Chayanne Anxious to Celebrate Christmas in Puerto Rico

Please enjoy the translation to this article from El Nuevo Dia.


Anxious to celebrate Christmas here

After 8 months of touring, the artist cannot wait to arrive at the island and see his family.
By María Ivette Vega Calles / mvega@elnuevodia.com



For the last eight months, Chayanne has tasted many emotions each time he takes the stage in a different city as part of his “No Hay Imposibles” tour.

But the artist assures us that now at Christmas time, he feels more jittery to come to Puerto Rico to celebrate with his family.

“On Saturday I finished the tour in Houston, Texas.  Now I am in the office working out a few things for next year.  I am happy, ready for Christmas and leaving to Puerto Rico.  You have no idea how I await the moment.  I enjoy my career, the shows, but when I spend months without seeing my family, my parents, I want to go.  Then the emotion begins to grab me and I am already at that stage.  I have a couple of more weeks in Miami and then I am going there with the same illusion of every year when this time arrives”, said the artist via a telephone interview.
Enthusiasm adds to the illusion and at the same time the nervous feeling that he feels with the approaching of his first show at the Coliseo de Puerto Rico Jose Miguel Agrelot, on the 11th and 12th of February 2011.

“I am going to Puerto Rico with my nerves at their ends, because my family and people who have known me since childhood will be there, so I ask myself ‘What am I going to come up with this year?’ but I am going with my heart in my hands.  Also, I remember the first time I played a show at Bellas Artes, then the Hiram Bithorn, that was another big one.  Now this is the first time that I am bringing my show to the Coliseo de Puerto Rico and it’s another challenge, its nerves because after so many years of playing shows in Puerto Rico, there is again another first time at a place”, he indicated.


Constant News
With 30 years in his career, Chayanne reassures that there is no time to get bored, not even while singing the same songs over and over again, because he says each moment is special on its own.  Nonetheless, I lament the incident that occurred in Argentina in October, where – for the second time – he had to cancel a show due to health problems.

“You make such a long tour and come to the moment where you say ‘I am human, not a robot’.  So you reflect and say I have an 8 month tour, I come from many countries, many cities and many flights, and you realize that you have to get better, that you are sick.  You think that if I play the concert I will let down many and the same if I don’t, I let down many as well, so you have to make the decision with the most common sense, for love and for the phrase ‘the show must go on’.  Things happen that are difficult, but you do your best and continue”, he indicated.
The artist will continue the tour until June of next year in Mexico and Chile, where he will also take part of the Viña del Mar festival.

In acting, there is currently no concrete Project.

The most recent in said discipline was new to him, since he brought voice to a character in the Disney movie “Tangled”.

”I had sung songs for various Disney movies, but i had never voiced any animated character.  It gave me great illusion, because I enjoyed very much the sound effects that I had to make when they punch you in the stomach, or when you took off running.  It’s a character with a lot of charm, did not have parents when young and is flirtatious but has a big heart.  His name is Flynn and he protects the princess”, he tells us.

As soon as the tour finishes, Chayanne will begin to work on his next album.

1 comment:

  1. As always, a wonderful translation. I love to hear Chayanne talking about going home.....after all, what feeling is better than the feeling of home? Much Love!

    ReplyDelete