Thursday, December 23, 2010

Chayanne and Charytin Unlocked! (Entire Interview, English Translation)

You know I couldn't be satisfied with simply showing you the clips of the interview....I needed to know what they were saying, and I want any English speaking fan who saw these clips (and doesn't speak Espanol *wink*) to be able to at least follow along.

Many, many thank to Maria Tajeda for the incredible amount of work that she put into this amazing translation of the ENTIRE Chayanne and Charytin interview.

I'm not going to take up too much of your time....I know you want to get down to the nitty-gritty! Enjoy
~Peace



Charytin :  This renowned music idol whom I  Iove so much made me so happy by having him so close to me in flesh and blood…AGAIN!

Charytin:  I have a cousin whose name is Antonia, who asked me to touch Chayanne to check how everything is, yes,   Antonia, that’s her name and I am doing this for her (laughs)

Chayanne: Yes, Antonia, look, touch here Antonia….I wonder who Antonia is? (laughs)

Charytin:  Yes, Antonia, it is exactly how it looks or I would say even better!  Antonia, I will give you all the details later.
Charytin:  This year, 2010, was Chayanne’s year!  How did you keep the balance in your life this past year?

Chayanne:  The balance in my life this year, as well as the balance throughout my career is that I have been very fortunate Charytin.  I’ve been very lucky and I am super happy with my life and the skin that I am in. 

Charytin:  How do you keep your image so clean and serious and yet at the same time have that flirtiness about you and that flavor? 

Chayanne: Ever since I was 10 years old and left my house to start my career, I have been guided by the values and education that my mom and dad gave me.  And in regards to scandals, what happens is that no one finds about the bad things that I do, just kidding (laughs).

Charytin:  Christmas is here!

Chayanne: Yes, how wonderful!

Charytin: Thinking back to Christmas when Chayanne was a young boy, tell me what flavors, what smells, what do you remember about the holidays, what did you do to celebrate?

Chayanne:  My memory of Christmas is very special and I have always returned to my roots, to Puerto Rico, where you have your home, and where all of you have a home too.  Christmas in Puerto Rico is very special.  I get together with my parents, my brothers, with my nieces and nephews, with the different aromas, with the streets where I grew up, with all these beautiful memories, it’s amazing!

Charytin: How does Chayanne create memories with his children, like when your kids says…daddy remember this, mommy remember this?

Chayanne:  This is done with great dedication of my time.  I am not the only person that travels; many professions require people to travel.  What I like to do is have quality time with my children, when I am home I like to create those memories, for example going to Disney for two days, another day we go to the beach, another special day we eat together at the table as a family because it is a tradition, and little by little this is what creates those wonderful memories with your family.

Charytin:  Chayanne, somebody who travels as much as you do, and runs into so many women who are in love with you, including myself, how do you overcome these temptations?

Chayanne:  Well, I (laughs), I am the type of person who loves to listen, so I listen to them, I would actually sit down and listen (laughs).  No, I like to give a lot of love, and of course flirting exists and when I am in a show and I exchange a certain look with someone, yes, I  truly believe all of this exists.

Charytin: And your fans expect this from you!

Chayanne: Yes, of course, and I live that moment, and I stop there..period…suspense!

Charytin: And would we find someone like you taking his wife out dancing on a Saturday night?

Chayanne:  Yes, I could take her out but you will not see me dancing.  I love to watch people and especially when we are out in a place where people are dancing, I just love to watch.  And if you happen to see me dance a little introverted, sort of like a rock, not much movement (laughs).  But I guess I could dance salsa, I really enjoy this dance, and I feel it and dance it not only on the outside but in the inside too.

Charytin:  I wish all the best to your family, your success; I wish all the best in the world to you.  I remember when I was little girl and used to watch you (laughs).  I love you so much, I admire you, and I wish you all the very best!

Chayanne: Thank you very much!  Thank you for all your love and I feel very fortunate for all that has been sent to me from up above!




Charytin made Chayanne break into a sweat during this interview!

Charytin: Someone told me that in one of your shows a woman got up on stage and took of all her clothes (laughs).  What was that and what would a person do if this happens?

Chayanne:  This was a show within a show!!!  She didn’t actually come up on stage but she did get on top of her chair and took off her pants and her shirt.  And I saw that she was dancing and having a good time so I kept on doing my show, what can I do?  I could not stand there and watch her and tell her, be careful, it’s cold (laughs). I receive A LOT of love from my fans!!

Charytin:   They throw bras, panties, etc.  I heard that the members of the band save some of these garments and have a collection.

Chayanne:  Yes, beautiful garments! But I think this is a form of affection right?  It’s an intense passion and I truly enjoy my show to the fullest! And I love interacting with my fans and flirting with them.

Charytin: Chayanne, a few months back, in Argentina, one of your friends and co-actresss, Romina Yan, passed away.  I didn’t know her but I have to tell you that it impacted me and I cried when I heard the news.  I heard you were very affected by her sudden death since you and her had worked together in the past.

Chayanne:  I don’t like to talk about this very much, but since you brought it up, let me tell you a little more.  We did a soap opera in Argentina named “Provocame”, just like the name of my song.  It was Romina Yan and Aracelys Gonzales, two very talented and loved actresses.  And when I heard the news and the way it happened, so sudden, and the fact that she was so beautiful and so young.  She was at the peak of her career and a few days later it was going to be Mother’s Day.  All these things were going around in my head, and you get very emotional.  You ask yourself how these things can happen.  And it’s obvious that I don’t want to continue talking about this , but I have to tell you that I was in Mexico when I heard the news and I asked everyone to have a moment of silent.  I am not sure if everyone there understood but I explained to them that this was for a friend whom I had worked with and passed away.  When a person that you know passes away, of course you feel bad, but when it is someone close to you, that you love, that you have worked with, it is totally different and it affects you immensely. 

Charytin:  This tour that you are on has been so successful and all of your shows have been sold out.  But now you are going to continue your tour and will be traveling to Mexico, Puerto Rico on the 11th, 12th, and 13th of February, Valentine’s Day weekend and then you continue your tour.  Tell me more about this!

Chayanne:  Well, I am going to Mexico for the second part of my tour.  I am also going to ViƱa del Mar Festival and I am going back to Argentina.  I am also going to Peru, Venezuela, Panama, Costa Rica…I don’t want to forget any of the countries.  We’ve been to Spain already and for Valentine’s Day weekend we will be in Puerto Rico, the 11th, 12th, and 13th.  And this brings me a lot of emotion because I am from Puerto Rico and my family and friends are there and it brings you so much pride to sing in your own country. 

Charytin: Your show is very moved, you also have many ballads but most of the show is very high energy.  I think you should eat bananas to have more energy…they are very good; you’ve never seen a monkey laying down on the floor (they both burst into laughter).  So remember eat lots of bananas! So your shows are very full of energy right?

Chayanne: Yes, very full of energy – you made me sweat with that one (laughs).

Charytin:  I think you are the best dancer in the world right now, at least you are to me, and I am sure a lot of people feel the same way.  Would we find someone like you taking his wife out dancing on a Saturday night?

Chayanne:  Yes, I could take her out but you will not see me dancing.  I love to watch people and especially when we are out in a place where people are dancing, I just love to watch.  And if you happen to see me dance a little introverted, sort of like a rock, not much movement (laughs).  But I guess I could dance salsa, I really enjoy this dance, and I feel it and dance it not only on the outside but in the inside too.

Charytin:  Every time you express yourself you do it with such honesty, so beautifully.  And in your shows you transmit all your love and your energy to your fans. 

Chayanne:  Thank you!

Charytin:  I wish you a lot of success, more and more each day, you have the support of your recording label, people that love you, and your band while touring.  I wish you all the best in the best in the world. I admire you, I love you and I remember watching you when I was a little girl (laughs).

Chayanne:  Thank you for all your love, to all my fans for their unconditional love, my family, and I give you all my love from the bottom of my heart.  I feel very fortunate for all that has been sent to me from up above! Thank you Charytin...the same to you!

Charytin: Thank you!

2 comments: