Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fans Meet Chayanne's Yacht, Yacht...Meet Fans!

 The original article can be found on Quien!


Meet the yacht
Chayanne
By Jessica Saenz Arelle • Photos: Edgardo Contreras 2010-03-18 08:00:00
The singer invited Quien magazine to Fisher Island, where he anchored the Sea Ray Sundancer, a paradise on the sea in which he enjoys intimate moments with his family and friends.
Although it had been a cold week especially in Miami on Saturday when the team met for an interview and photo shoot for the cover with Chayanne, the sun came out in style on Fisher Island. In this exclusive place in Miami, the Puerto Rican singer jealously guards his favorite toy: a model Sea Ray Sundancer boat which, which the artist says, he tries to use for the few quiet days during the year is quiet, because when he is on board he feels at peace, relaxes and, especially, and bonds with nature.
After three hours of shooting, Elmer Figueroa Arce sat in the living room of the yacht to discuss why he considers this a special place. "It's an escape. It is good for privacy. I am very conservative in many things personally, especially with my family, and here I find a very intimate little place for me, for mine. "Unfortunately for many fans, the singer, 41, is married since 1992 with the Venezuelan Marilisa Maronesse, a couple of years younger than him. They have two children, Lorenzo Valentino, 12, and Isadora Sofía, nine.
His love of the sea
Seated in leather chairs Chayanne eyes light up when he speaks of the sea, but even more when he talks about his memories of childhood: "I come from Puerto Rico, a beautiful island where we have water in the Caribbean, where my parents took me to play. "

"I played a lot with my dad (Quintino Figueroa), I have some fantastic memories of my mother (Irma Luz Arce) giving us so much love, always looking for distractions for us." That past began his love of the ocean: "Since I could I bought a jet ski, then a jet boat, later a bigger boat, but always seeking the opportunity to be near the sea."
The singer of "Tu pirata soy yo" is the captain of his own yacht. He explains that he is always close to the experts to learn how to take the helm. He also emphasizes that he has taken several courses, because it is important to know what to do in case of emergency: "I have touched waves of eight or ten feet. It is very dangerous. When you enter the wave, is an unpredictable situation and should always be prepared. "

Pleasures on the waves
Among the things that are indispensable on Chayanne's yacht -  which are reserved in his name "primarily are the little things to nibble canapés and" a little prepared salmon, a little ham, seafood dips, but extensively simple things that you enjoy,” says the Puerto Rican while it makes your mouth water.

With regard to music, on his boat he has a radio system to listen to reggae music from the eighties, he also brings his albums from Black Eyed Peas, Sade, Chambao, and more.
The singer, who a few days before the interview was deserving of recognition for artistic excellence at the Premios Lo Nuestro, said he enjoys everything on that boat. "I am my master, I enjoy turning on the panel, seeing that everything is working well. I like to sail it and when I am moored I enjoy the movement of waves. It is my harmony, my home, my nest. "His latest album is No Hay Imposibles, produced by Javier Diaz, but before it hit the market he went to this refuge. "I cam to the boat to listen to many of the songs, came with friends, with the producer, but not as a workplace.  It was spontaneous

With Success on Board

For everyone that knows him during his nearly 30-year career, Chayanne has taken a path without scandal. A direct question of who has helped navigate the ship of your life? He replied: "My mother, my father, my brothers, my family, friends who wish me best when I go down a red carpet when I'm on a stage who have given me positive energy. People have also been working with me over 20 years. The fate of my boat is life. "


Thank you to Chaygal for the translation! (The original translation can be found on Casa Chayanne!)








2 comments:

  1. Very interesting & beautiful.....Nice & BRIZZY!!!
    Love Dulce Mayaguez from Detroit, Michigan....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds good, but we are not perfect, are we? I just wonder...that's all.

    ReplyDelete