Sunday, June 7, 2009

Chayanne's Guajira Girl Video~ A favorite among African American English speaking fans

For any of you that know me, how long do you think I could have a blog and not write about the music video that pushed me over the cliff of Chayanne love, after finding him in the movie "Dance With Me", that video was "Guajira Girl". I was turned on to this video as a still wet behind the ears fan, by the Chayanne Video Vixen herself, Anniee of the famous Chayanne Rocks!

Anniee turned me on to this video in response to a question that I had. I asked her how many English speaking fans were active in the Chayville community, and out of those fans how many were African American. Call it a thing with me, but, as an African American woman, I need to know how an artist feels about people of the shall we say "the browner persuasion"....not everyone is partial to brown....shhh, it's a secret so don't let it out!

Well, the same day I emailed Anniee this question, she sent me the link to this video on her website....Guajira Girl....I fell in love!



Chayanne surrounded by beautiful black women! When that video was made I'm sure that might not have been the most popular thing to do, but he did it any way.

I have to say that I have seen almost all of his music videos and a great majority of his performance videos, and I have come to this conclusion.....Chayanne is a man of the people.

So to all my African American Sisters who are closet Chayanne lovers, don't be shy, come on out into the Chayshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment