Monday, July 25, 2011

Chayanne Mexico Suena Interview - No Hay Imposibles

Here is another snippet of Chayann'es Mexico Suena interview. This translation has been lovingly done by none other than the fabulous Angie Arcie. I want to again thank Kalix Kenth for the use of her video. Much Love ladies!



Press:You mentioned you were 10years old, do you remember the first time you were on stage and what it felt like?

CHAY: I was on stage for the first time at 6yrs old but not as a professional, as an amateur, those activities you do in school to improve your grade. I participated to improve my grade, but also because I had a wonderful teacher. She invited me to be part of the recital. The acting the singing all the facets of the grade and it was something very beautiful because I sa w the reaction of the people that I now understand. Because when I recorded my first album at 10yrs old you don't know what you're doing. You're just playing. You're doing something you like. I imagine all the kid seeing me now like to sing, dance that's very beautiful. You have to express yourself. You have to do it if u feel it and that happened to me. Then it became a career. What it is today, that dream,  you don't know you're going to end up on that stage that I respect so much. And professionally I started on a tv show that I did very nervous Ive always been nervous before a show.

Press: Still

CHAY: Yes its the adrenaline. You want the public to leave happy from the show. That it was worth it, that they leave with that Tiempo de Vals that they danced at their 15th and I  sang it that memory comes back. When you hear a song that transports you to those special times. Then I sang in a Plaza, it was very beautiful I was about 10 yrs old. In a plaza adjacent to the town I lived in and it was my first presentation in public. We lost the sound. The mike was on we continued to sing a Capella in harmony,very beautiful. At 10 yrs old that was the push, the truth of what I feel for the music. After that I've had a lot of things happen.

Press : A special anecdote that you remember that happenened on stage

Chay: On stage a could tell you a lot of things. Me in Puerto Rico my land where I have my home. I was in a very important show it was the first time I performed in a stadium. In P.R. in my land they say, "No one is a prophet in his own land".  I had the philharmonic orchestra to close the show with me with one song as I'm finishing the show putting on the smoking-tux and it starts raining. The instruments couldn't get wet violins, cellos, pianos none of that could get wet. So nobody could come out and I had the smoking tux on. I took the jeans t-shirt from someone backstage. I put on some boots and thats how I came out. I told the public the instruments cant come out but I'll sing the song a capella and  I sang the song a capella.  Every body started singing with me. those are the moments I remember, the true moments that are spontaneous in the show. On another occasion I think I did a David Coppperfield act because not even I knew when I disappeared I jumped off some speakers onto the stage and the floor gave way. It was very dangerous, with my weight the floor gave and only my elbows were holding me up. Thanx to my auto hugI was able to get out and continue the show. I was all scratched up but a masseuse helped me. She put cream on me they cared for me like a babay JAJAJA

Press: Its a long and complex tour. How do you prepare for it? How long to do a choreography?

CHAY: You prepare a lot when you do a tour. You know time is passing, technology is changing, the screens change a lot and the base of the show which is the choreography is 8 hrs. Then the band, individual rehearsal, another  8 hrs. Divided then in 3 months more or less the show is all set up. And then wardrobe. Which songs will be included in the show, the sounds of the show, more carribean more rock more guitar. And then you balance everything and you give it shape. During the tour you're also changing it you're fine tuning it.

Press: It's said that if possible after the shows you take a plane so that you're with your family in the morning.

CHAY: yes

Press: Tell us about it

CHAY: Look I have parrallel lives I have the life of the son of Don Quintino and Dona Irma and the artist on stage all the time. So I try to meld them the best I can and thats what I do when Im finished with work. When I know I have 2 days that I can record a song or video I always try to do it where my family is at or if I have a couple of days between shows. Instead of staying in the country I'm in I take a plane even if the show ends at midnite if its only 3 or 4 hrs away, like mexico, I arrive at 5am but when they open their eyes I am there and that gives me a lot of happiness. And when you analyze it life goes by fast . Like a lot of people in my case in music, we leave for long peiods of time so every free moment I have I try to be with them it gives me joy and happiness. It isn't easy. I did it first without thinking. When ur 10,11,12 you're not thinking. You just want to see your loved ones its part of you.  It's not easy leaving your family. When you have a profession that isolates you it can play against you. You have to have your priorities well balanced so that u can be happy. If you lean only towards one side as much satisfaction as that gives you you're always going to want for more. And to know I feel good I'm happy. I'm not always happy because its not normal that you're always happy. Some moments more than others but I do try to look for it.

Press: To paraphrase the title of you're cd are their impossibles for Chayanne?

CHAY: No nothing is impossible. All that you want you can do, you just have to try. Obviously if I want to levitate right now I can't unless I use a cable speak to the technical crew. But I believe that everything that you fight for you can obtain. I believe in positiveness, in being positive you should always try and if you fail try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment