Friday, April 22, 2011

Chayanne loves Peru!


Below is a very interesting interview with Chayanne while he was in Peru. He is amazing when it comes to doing interviews and always projects that love, that charisma, and that charm that only he has. Enjoy the interview!!!



Giovanna Diaz: We are waiting for Elmer Figueroa to come out. Do you know who Elmer Figueroa is? Well he is better known as Chayanne…there he is!

Giovanna Diaz: You are enjoying yourself, you love it!!!

Chayanne: Yes, it’s great!

Giovanna Diaz: And everyone is yelling “Chayanne, Chayanne”.

Chayanne: It’s almost like they are scolding me, one that impacted me was when they called me Figueroa, no one has ever called out to me by my last name.

Narration: He is the third of five siblings and it wasn’t a manager that changed his name from Elmer to Chayanne. It was his mom who already envisioned his fame since she had him in his belly.

Chayanne: My name was going to be Elmer Chayanne Figueroa Arce, as you know we use both parents’ last names in Puerto Rico. Chayanne came from my mom liking a show that she used to watch while she was pregnant. She didn’t name me Kennedy, she was not into politics, but she was into music.

Narration: One day he accompanied his little sister to an audition but the chosen one was little Chayi. And this is where he joined Los Chicos, a Menudo like group with haircuts like Camilo Sesto. Los Chicos became extremely popular, especially in Central America. After all of this success Chayanne decides to broaden his horizons. He was still a skinny young boy without a lot of productions but with huge dreams of becoming big one day, but this took a little longer than expected.

Giovanna Diaz: What memories do you have of Peru while you were there for the week?

Chayanne: Yes, it was great, my first time in Peru, the girls were amazing, there were bubbles, I sang Fiesta en America, and everyone was great! When an artist comes to a new country all he wants is a smile and to be welcomed and I got that in Peru.

Narration: He finally made it with Fiesta en America and started to be noticed internationally. From that moment on, Chayanne became the solo artist that danced the most in all of Latin America. He started to make videos with great choreographies, more and more complicated each time. And Chayanne became a man before our eyes and 22 years later returned to ViƱa and won all the awards.

Giovanna Diaz: Have you ever thought about how much the fans really know about you and you know nothing about them?

Chayanne: Yes, it doesn’t make me paranoid, but it’s so true! Sometimes someone comes to hug me and I really don’t know what type of emotions I have stirred inside that person, and I really don’t know them. You try to read their mind by looking into their eyes, but it’s hard.

Giovanna Diaz: For example, I have seen you dance for so many years and I know
exactly how you dance, but you have no idea how I dance.

Chayanne: But we can always fix that problem, we can always dance…laughs.

Giovanna Diaz: You are very flirty today…right? Very flirtatious!

Giovana Diaz: Your wife must have a huge belt, those wide ones that are in style now!

Chayanne: No her belt has spikes on it…just kidding. No seriously, you have to have a lot of complicity, a lot of communication, and understand what each person is doing. Nothing is ever clear, the belt with the spikes is there, and if I show you my back people will start to cry…laughs…from all the times I have gotten hit…laughs more!

Narration: In reality, at the beginning Chayanne kept this marriage to Marilisa Maronese a secret, until a photographer found them out.

Giovanna Diaz: Was it difficult for you to win your wife’s heart?

Chayanne: Yes, it’s like any other relationship. First was the physical attraction and I was already known as a singer. I traveled so much so she had to understand that our relationship was going to be over the phone most of the time.

Giovanna Diaz: When you are different events you see many different types of women, very beautiful women.

Chayanne: Yes there are very beautiful women, and also there is so much beauty in the way they are, they way the speak, how relaxed you feel when you are close to that person, all of that makes you want to be with a person.

Giovanna Diaz: How long have you been married?

Chayanne: More than ten, more than twelve, more than thirteen years, and perhaps even more…laughs.

Giovanna Diaz: You are forty-two years old and like the ladies say, you are like fine way, you get better with age. Have you ever thought about physical problems that might come up, wrinkles, etc. Will you do like other artists and have surgery?

Chayanne: There is a little bit of everything, some wrinkles, but I don’t think I would have surgery. I will be sure to practice some choreographies with a cane, just in case something happens.

Giovanna Diaz: Well, we always have a present for the artists that we interview. I give you this CD with all of the best music from Peru that you can enjoy and dance to.

Chayanne: You are very sweet…thanks! I love Peru!

Wasn’t it an amazing interview? Chayanne has a way of expressing his love for every country that he visits. It’s no wonder that women from all over the world are mesmerized and madly in love with him. He has won our hearts in a way that no other artist can ever do. That’s our Chayanne!!!!

Peace and love ;-) Candela

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Candela for this translation. It´s great job. I can only say, that: "He has won my heart in a way that no other man can ever do."
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kris,

    Thanks so much for your wonderful comment. I have to agree...Chayanne also won my heart, a long time ago, and I think he will always have a very special part in my life...forever! Thanks for reading the blog and come back often, there's lots more to come! ;-)

    ReplyDelete