Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Red Pill...Or The Blue Pill, Which Will You Choose?


"Para la traducción española véase más adelante"

One of my favorite lines from the series of "Matrix" films, is when Morpheus says to Neo, "This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes." 

I'm sure that by now you've guessed what I chose....the red pill! The red pill is different for every fan of Chayanne.  For me the "red pill" was the incredible movie, "Dance With Me". From the moment that I saw the face of an actor that was totally unknown to me (it wasn't until later that I discovered that he was a singer as well) that I had to find out as much as I could about this man....and so I fell head-over-heels down the hole into Wonderland.....and I am happily still falling!

One of the first curiosities that I had while I first fell into Chayanne, was exactly how many English speakings fans were out there? While the vast majority of Chayanne fans' native language is Spanish, and naturally so, I really needed to find people who's native language was English. I felt that I had to obtain a guide or guides in my journey. During my adventures in Wonderland, I have learned that there have been a good handful of English language fan sites.  These handful of sites have over the years dwindled down to three.  The official Chayanne fan site, while it has the feature of switching the site language to English, 99 percent of the posts are in Spanish. I have come to love the Spanish language now more than ever, but the reality is that it's going to take me a long time to learn enough Spanish to really be able to get around the site without the use of a translator....my Spanish is not where I would like for it to be, but it's getting there.

I have also learned that there have been many English as first language fans that were really active but again over time, they have chosen to enjoy Chayanne in a more distant fashion, or maybe have lost interest all together, all for various reasons....and that's cool to, we all have to enjoy Chayanne in our own way, that's the way it's meant to be. (I'm very sure that Chayanne doesn't mind) I would like to say to all of my EFL (English as first language) fans who drifted away, there is always a place for them, and their presence is truly missed.

For now, I continue my fall into the rabbit hole. As long as Chayanne continues to give of himself to us, I will be there, trying my very best to contribute what I can, as are so many others.

There's also another really great line from "Matrix", the character Cypher says, as Neo is about to make his choice between red and blue, "It means fasten your seat belt Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is going bye-bye." And you know what....Cypher was right....once you get a taste of Chayanne....you're never the same.

I'm so glad that I chose the red pill....and as for how far the rabbit hole goes......if Chayanne has anything to do with it.....it's endless~

Peace


8 comments:

  1. Once a Chayfan always a Chayfan...at least that's how I feel. Many of us are still around, but prefer to read rather than participate. Many of the earlier fans sites have dwindled and/or evolved. Many of the (ESF) fans (at least those I have known) have left for one reason or another. But certainly there are enough blogs/MySpace/Facebook sites to keep us entertained for a long, long time.

    Stay well,
    Ethelita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ethelita! (You know I miss you Chica!)The only reason that I can do what I'm doing now, is because of the path that has been set by the awesome Chay Ladies that have come before me. I hope to always help to give something back that is both informative, but also entertaining. Many Kudos to all those ground breaking Chayvillers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Pandora,

    I love your blog, and I so appreciate sites like this, especially in English. My Spanish is progressing, but I still need to use translators, too. I discovered Chayanne last December, and like you said, thimngs haven't been the same since! Thanks again for all the great info, photos and videos you post. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Melissa! You are always welcome to my blog!I appreciate Chayanne fans like you *SMILE* I'm so psyched that you found Chayanne! Would you mind tell me the story of how you found him? You know what else? You Rock To!

    Much Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I take a Zumba fitness class,which uses mostly Latin music. I download a lot of the music to because I enjoy listening to it as well as exercising to it. One of the songs we did was "Salome". I liked it, so I looked it up on amazon.com to buy it, and found Chayanne! I feel lucky that I didn't have to wait three years to see him in concert like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great "How you found Chayanne" story! And you're right, you found him at a great time! Just when he was getting ready to release a new CD! Did you get to go to a concert? What did you think of him live!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw him in Tucson. My sister lives there, and I was already planning to go see her and could hardly believe it when I saw that the concert coincided with my planned visit! The concert was at the AVA Amphitheater, which is a small venue compared to a lot of the other places he's performed ...it only seats about 5000 people. I didn't realize how small it was, and since my tickets were for the lawn I was expecting to be so far away that I wouldn't be able to see much. But it turned out to be MUCH closer than I thought. The concert was fantastic! Even my sister was impressed, and she'd never heard of him before (she's really more into alternative music, not latin or any kind of pop). He sang lots of my favorites and the dancing was...well, wow. One of my favorite parts (although I can't remember which song it was) was when someone tossed a stuffed toy Mickey Mouse on stage. He picked it up and cuddled it while he sang. Adorable! I think it is so cool how appreciative Chayanne is of his fans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so psyched that you got to see him! (And that your sister liked him to! Chayanne has a way with women!)
    And yes, I think that Chayanne is incredibly appreciative of his fans. That's why we stay! Have a great rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete