Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Brandon Barton Brings Sizzling Moves and Incredible Personality to Chayanne's NHI Tour


Brandon Barton, better known to you Twitter lovers as @bbartoncuzz, is one of the new dancers on Chayanne's NHI Tour 2011. Almost from the very second that official word broke that Brandon was going to be one of Chayanne's dance crew, Brandon opened his heart and his Twitter (not to mention his Facebook) to Chayanne's fans.

If you haven't had the pleasure of having one of Twitter 140 character or less conversations with Brandon then you're missing out on a real treat.....I think Brandon is the only person to come along in a while that can get Chayanne fans of multi-nationalities and ages to to start speaking in "Brandoneese", you know what I mean cuzzz? Mira Weppppaaaa!

Personality not withstanding, Brandon is one of the most incredible dancers that I have seen in a very long time. He brings a raw energy, and hard core sexy to the dynamic choreography of our beloved Nancy O'Meara. (You know you have to bring your Sexy A-game if you're going to dance next to Chayanne!)

So I have to tell you, it was a great pleasure when Brandon agreed to do an interview with Pandora's Caja. With that said, enough of me talking....ladies and gentlemen, one of my new favorites and soon to be one of yours, Mr. Brandon Barton

PC - Can you tell us the very moment when you knew you wanted to be a professional dancer?

BB - I was in high school and watching the 1999 VMA’s, which had Britney Spears, TLC, Sisquo, NSYNC, Janet, and Christina Aguilera. I had always liked to dance, but never thought I’d do it seriously. I was super focused on my education and had acquired a full scholarship to college after high school. Once I got to college I realized that it was entertainment that I wanted to pursue.

Brandon workin' it during a rehearsal for Chayanne's NHI Tour

PC - What types of dance disciplines do you work with? i.e Hip Hop, Ballet, Jazz, Modern?

BB – I am most disciplined in Hip Hop, but also studied Jazz and ballet when I was younger and involved in gymnastics. I used to be a competitive gymnast. I was state champion in Georgia twice. But as a dancer you have to be able to “fake it till you make it”, meaning that even though hip hop is my strong pursuit, I sometimes have to perform other genres of dance on certain jobs.

PC - I have read that not only do you dance but you also teach and choreograph. If you had to pick just one that you could do which one would it be?

BB – I couldn’t pick just one! I love entertainment and being able to express myself creatively, whether that’s dancing, choreographing, music, or teaching. I also love fashion and clothes.
Brandon sending us Tweets no doubt!


PC - Can you tell us some of the choreographers that you’ve worked with?

BB – I’ve worked with Marty Kudelka, Fatima Robinson, Nancy O’Meara, Hi Hat, Michael Rooney, Rich and Tone Talauga, Swoop, Ed Moore, Mikey Minden, Othanne Burnside, Jamaica Croft, Aakamon Jones, Fli Styles, Laurie Ann Gibson, Cicely and Olisa, Tahisha Scott, and Lissette and Chonique, to name a few.

Marty Kudelka
Fatima Robinson
Nancy O'Meara
Hi Hat
Michael Rooney

PC - Can you tell us some of the artists that you’ve worked with?

BB – Honestly there are so many to name, as I’ve been blessed to work with an amazing plethora of artists. Some of them include, Missy Ellito, Cheryl Cole, Queen Latifah, Mary J. Blige, Janet Jackson, Justin Timberlake, TLC, Aaliyah, Kylie Minougue, Kesha, Ciara, Brandy, Omarion, Chris Brown, Rihanna, Pussycat Dolls, Mariah Carey, Jennifer Lopez, Will Ferell, Beyonce, Jennifer Hudson, Sisqo, Christina Milian, Christina Aguillera, Tom Cruise and P. Diddy to name a few.


PC - Where do you think it’s best for a dancer starting out to be, New York or L.A.? And Why

BB – It depends on what you want to do as a dancer. NYC is excellent for musical theater/Broadway. LA is great for commercial dance (i.e. commercials, television, movies, and videos) Most of the work as a dancer takes place outside of LA.  That’s where most of the film/television studios are.

PC - Right now you’re on tour with Chayanne on his “NHI” tour, what is your favorite dance number of the show and why?

BB – Mu favorite dance number is probably “Salome” and “Lola”. They are both fun! “Salome” is super intense and militant. “Lola” is dope because it’s chill and the number involves all of the dancers, both male and female, but mainly because Chayanne dances A LOT in that number.

PC - Chayanne fans are loving you up! Do you have anything that you would like to say to them?

BB – Thanks for all the love from the Chayanne Fans!!! YOU GUYS ROCK!!! Make sure you check out my music group, “the LAB”, on YouTube at: theLABmusic 2010

Thank you Brandon for the bottom of the Box for sitting down and having some chat time with us. Our words for Brandon.....once you're a part of the family you're always in the heart of the family...Much Love!

~Peace









4 comments:

  1. What a sweet treat! Thanks to Bandon, and to PC for opening the BOX on him for all of us:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally loved this interview...you go my girl!!! You rocked it as usual! Brandon is a sweetheart and we love him so much. He is so awesome with us Chay fan and he's got our unconditional love and support! You rock Brandon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so amazing to watch. I must confess sometimes I take my eyes off Chayanne. Shhh, don't tell him I said that. jajaja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job PC! Brandon, you have so many layers... so sweet (not that I would ask you to hold my purse when I went on on a tinkle break) and little bit bad... and big bit talented! Good luck with all your dreams LD!

    ReplyDelete