Friday, September 10, 2010

Latin Grammy Nominations..Somethings Missing...Chayanne

 

Recently the Latin Grammy Recording Academy released the names of the nominees for the 11th Annual Latin Grammy Awards....but much to my chagrin and all of Chayanne's fans, there was a name that was missing....you guessed it, Chayanne! Honestly, I just don't get it...he's got a smokin' hot CD, "No Hay Imposible,  and a tour that Billboard says is one of the most successful of the summer and NADA! Pardon my frustration, but to me it just doesn't compute.

To read more click here


I'm not going to pretend that I'm a music aficionado, but I have been keeping up with what's been going on in the Latin music scene for the last few years. All of the nominees are extremely talented and most definitely deserving of the honor, Chayann is deserving of the honor as well.

I will admit that while, I'm a mega fan of Chayanne, I don't run around with blinders on. Chayanne has continued to produce work that consistently evolves with each album. No Hay Imposible is no different. It encompasses all of the best that Chayanne is known for, but he's found a way to deliver it in a fresh new way......well, I digress.

Well at least one of my faves Alejandro Sanz did well with 4 Latin Grammy nominations (he has a total of 14 Grammys from previous years)

Alejandro Sanz had been nominated for "Record of the Year" (Paraiso Express). Alejandro's song "Desde Quando" is also on the list of nominations....I can tell you this song in truly a master piece.

for a complete list of the 2010 Latin Grammy Nominees you can see the official website for The Latin Grammy Recording Academy.  The Latin Grammy's are scheduled to air live on November 11, 2010 on Univision, 8pm Eastern.7pm Central. The ceremony itself will be held in Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay Events Center.

Am I still going to watch the Latin Grammy's? Of course...and I will be cheering on my man Alejandro.....but I will be missing my Chayanne.....

Peace~

No comments:

Post a Comment